Most of what we hear and read when it comes to our teeth relates to information on how to take good care of them. It also relates to seeing a Surrey Dentist So for a change here are 10 fun facts about your teeth you may not be aware of.
- The enamel on the top of your teeth is the hardest part of your entire body.
- Before we’re even born – milk teeth or baby teeth begin to form when a baby is in the womb, but they erupt from their gums when a child is 6 to 12 months old.
- There’s uses for different types of teeth ( incisors, canine and premolars ) to cut, tear and grind our food.
- We only get 2 sets of teeth in our entire lifetime – baby teeth and permanent teeth. Once you get your permanent teeth that’s it so be sure to take good care of them
- Teeth are as individual as fingerprints, no 2 people have the same set of teeth, so celebrate your unique set of teeth.
- Our mouths produce over 25,000 quarts of saliva in our lifetime, what’s incredible is that’s enough to fill 2 swimming pools. Saliva has many uses including assisting with digestion and protecting teeth from the bacteria present in the mouth.
- On average a person spends 38.5 days brushing their teeth.
- There are many diseases linked to oral health, including heart disease, osteoporosis and diabetes so it’s important to have good oral habits.
- Did you know that only a third of a tooth is above the gums, that means two thirds of a tooth’s length is invisible.
- Should you ever have a tooth knocked out placing it in a cup of milk will help the tooth survive longer. Make sure you get an emergency dental appointment immediately.
Searching for dentist contact Scott 72 Dental.