Located just a couple of kilometres away from Mumbai, Pune is one of the most beautiful cities that you will come across in this part of India. With flower shops lining the city street corners and with beautifully decorated houses, Pune paints a pretty picture indeed.
Well, if you are in Mumbai, then you should definitely visit Pune once, since it is very nearby. If you have not been to Pune before then you need to form an idea about where to go and what to do. Here’s a Pune guide for you so that you can make the most of your time spent in Pune:
- Sinhagad: Of the many fortresses that you will find in this region of the country, the Sinhagad is undoubtedly one of the oldest. This is a hill fortress that is believed to have been built more than 2000 years ago! If you love to trek then a trek up to this hill fort will surely invigorate your senses. It remains open for tourist visit from nine in the morning to six in the evening. A tour of the fortress promises to be a really exciting one!
- Shaniwar Wada:This was once the home of PeshwaBajiRao I. The Shaniwar Wada used to be splendid fortress and the ruins of this palace still tell a tale of valour. This is one of the most popular tourist attractions of this place and locals and tourists both flock to this place to soak in its beauty. If you are into old architecture and have a penchant for history, then a tour of the Shaniwar Wada is a must.
- Mulshi Lake: Pune itself is a very beautiful city and its charm increases manifold when you visit the many water side wonders that are located here. Do visit the Mulshi Lake at least once for the lovely view of the surrounding undulating ranges that cover the entire lake. There is also a dam here which traps and stores the water. This is one of the most peaceful locations in the city and hence is ideal for a perfectly spent quiet evening.
- Matheran: Book a car from any one of the hotels in pune where you will be staying and travel to Matheran. This is a small hill station that is located a few kilometres uphill of Pune. Quiet, beautiful and serene, Matheran is the perfect place to spend a few days in Nature. In fact if you want to add a little fun to your trip, then you can always take a horseback ride down from Matheran!
- Osho Ashram: This is a very famous place in Pune that is known for its healing capabilities. A lot of people stay at the Osho Ashram, trying to get a better grip of life. The tranquil and meditative atmosphere of this place makes it one of the most beautiful places near the city. If you want you can go and check out this place for yourself.
These are some of the most popular and often visited tourist spots of Pune, which you should also pay a visit to if you want to make the most of your trip to this city!