Measuring a Piracetam Dosage
Piracetam dosages can vary widely depending on what the person taking it wants to achieve. Bodybuilders who take it before going to the gym may take as much as 1200 milligrams to get a large amount as once.
On the other hand, students who are studying for long periods of time may want to try spacing it out and taking 400 milligram doses. While people cannot overdose on piracetam, there is such a thing as overdoing it. However, this depends on the person taking it and their tolerance. Read this “16 Powerful Ways to Use More of Your Brain“
Before anyone starts taking piracetam, they should seek doctor’s advice. There are some individuals that may not be allowed to take this medicine. This is especially true with the following groups of people:
- People with a history of allergies to medications
- Individuals taking other medications or undergoing medical treatment
Those previous two are incredibly important. Being that piracetam is an unregulated nootropic supplement, you’re treading in dangerous water.
- Individuals with liver and kidney problems.
- Individuals who have a movement disorder called Huntington’s chorea.
- Individuals who had a brain hemorrhage.
- Individuals who have had recent surgery or experienced unusual bleeding.
- Individuals who have blood clotting conditions.
- Individuals who are breastfeeding, pregnant or trying to get pregnant.
People who are taking piracetam to treat vasospastic, clotting and coagulation problems including deep vein thrombosis and Raynaud’s and deep-vein thrombosis generally take 4.8 to 9.6 grams of piracetam on a daily basis divided into three doses at 8-hour intervals. Some people take more in an attempt to improve their cognitive skills.
Piracetam is a water-soluble medicine. With this, it does not stay long inside the body and goes out with the urine. In addition, it does not have to be taken along with food. Before taking the piracetam, individuals have to do the following.
- Read the labels carefully first before taking the medicine. The list also includes the right piracetam dosage and its side effects.
- Piracetam should be taken exactly as the doctor approves. Generally, it starts with nine tablets on a daily basis that are divided into three doses in the morning, noon and in the evening. The doctor may increase the dosage over the first few weeks.
- Piracetam has a bitter taste. Breaking and chewing the tablet is a bad idea. The best thing to do is swallow the tablet whole with water. Piracetam may be taken in liquid form that may be suitable for those who can’t tolerate the tablet.
- After taking liquid piracetam, follow it up with a glass of water or juice to get rid of the bitter taste. However, it should not be mixed with any other liquid.
- To make sure that the right regimen is followed, individuals must take each dose at the same time every day. Doing so allows individuals to easily remember every dose. Before or after meals is the best time to do it.
- If a dose is missed, take it right away or as soon as it is remembered. The same schedule should still be followed with the next dose
Common (and avoidable) Piracetam Side Effects
Piracetam side effects vary depending on the user’s body response to the medication. While many studies say that piracetam does not cause overdosage as it can be excreted through urine, others say that it can lead to serious problems in blood flow. This is especially true to patients who use the medication to treat blood disorders. Read this also “5 Brain Exercises That Can Boost Your Psychic Intuition“
The piracetam brand Neuro-Boost claims that there have been no medically recorded side effects associated with the medication. There have only been a few documented cases of patients experiencing insomnia and headache. Experts say that it is best to use Piracetam with other medications, but it should be approved by the doctor.
This may include choline. Studies say that piracetam and choline work synergistically to facilitate smooth neurotransmitter flow as choline helps restore the lost neurotransmitters. It is also seen that choline helps reduce piracetam’s side effects.
Users should also bear in mind that piracetam has to be stored and kept well. It should be protected from direct heat and light in places that children can’t reach. Moreover, users must not share the medication with others.
Disclaimer: Anyone who wants to use piracetam should seek doctor’s advice and approval before taking it. They should also not take more than the prescribed dose.