Who Should I Contact First For A Personal Injury Claim?

If you have been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault and you are thinking about making a claim for compensation, then the first person to contact is someone who can offer you sound legal advice and answer all of your claims-related questions.

With the personal injury claims process being so complicated, it’s important that you seek the best advice when it comes to making a claim. The best advice can be found at law firms, where experienced and successful solicitors reside. A law firm will be able to:

  •         Ascertain your eligibility for making a claim;
  •         Give you an estimated claim value based on your injuries;
  •         Talk you through the claims process and what happens next;
  •         Help you understand where you stand legally with your claim;
  •         Give you an estimated time frame based on similar past cases.

Above all else, a claims advisor at a law firm will listen to you and help you make an informed decision as to whether or not you make a claim. For example, you may discover that your claim is extremely complex and may take months to process. Or, you may discover that your claim is clear-cut and will take weeks to process.

Whatever the case, one thing you can expect when you contact a law firm about your personal injury claim is sound legal advice without any pressure to make a claim. It is up to you whether or not you make a claim and you are under no obligation to go through with one after speaking with a law firm, claims advisor, solicitor or lawyer unless you want to. It is in fact unlawful to pressure some body into making a claim.

Alternatively, if you want impartial advice about making a claim, Citizens Advice are a good organisation to turn to. They will be able to answer your questions too because they have a specialist legal department. However, they will not be able to give you a claim value, because they do not process claims themselves. For pay-out estimates, you really need to speak to a claims advisor. And so, you should contact a law firm first for a personal injury claim, if your queries are related to your case and you are thinking about making a claim.

If you do decide to contact a law firm and speak with an advisor or solicitor, it’s advisable that you write down where and when your accident happened, how your accident happened and the extent of your injuries so that the person you speak to can help you as much as possible. With this information, the law firm will have everything they need to answer your questions and process your personal injury claim.