Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 Australia allows international students to work and live in Australia on a temporary basis who’ve completed their studies. The students must have competed for their at least 2 years of studies in order to apply for this Visa.
An Introduction to Subclass 485 Visa Australia
Subclass 485 Visa Australia is basically a graduate visa that comes with two streams. These two streams include post-study work and the graduate work stream. Students can choose the stream as per their requirements. You need to think and apply for the stream very carefully as once applied you can’t change your decision. Let’s have a look on these streams in brief:
- Post-study work: If you’ve completed any bachelor’s degree or higher then you can live in Australia for up to 4 years. This stream allows the applicant to live in Australia for between 18 months to 4 years. This’ll completely dependent on the qualification of the applicant:
- Graduate work: For this stream, students who’ve completed at least 2 years of study in Australia are eligible. Visa that will be granted under this work stream will be valid for 18 months.
How One Can Apply For This Visa?
In order to satisfy the 485 visa requirements, there are a number of criteria that one needs to fulfil. Let’s see the criteria through which one can apply for the visa:
- You’re needed to be less than 50 years of age.
- You need to be a student moving from Visa Subclass 500, 570, 572, 573 and 574.
- If you’re applying for this visa 485, you need to satisfy the requirement of English language.
- You can apply if your qualification includes a higher education degree for post-study work stream and an occupation on the skilled occupation list for work stream.
- For applying to this 485, you are required to have an eligible visa at the time of processing. You can hold any visa such as Bridging Visa A and Bridging Visa B. You can also apply even if you have a substantive visa.
- It is necessary that you must lodge your application for 485 within six months of the date of completion of the course. The date on which you’ve completed the course and on which the educational institution confirms that you’ve fulfilled all the requirements for the degree.
- Applicants must have sufficient and proper health cover for the entire duration of your visa.
- Students also need to get enrolled in the approved course for at least two years
- It is important that the opted approved course must have been instructed in English.
- The student who’s applying for the Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 needs to have accreditation from the professional association with your qualifications and skills.
- You can apply if you’ve graduated from a doctorate, masters or any degree. It is important that the course that you’ve opted is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Course for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
Along with the above mentioned 485 visa Checklist, you need to be well prepared with all the required documents. Now, let’s see the processing time of the 485.
What Is The Processing Time Of The Visa?
485 Visa Processing Time is completely dependent on what work stream you’ve applied for. The approximate processing time is around 1 to 4 months. Along with the work stream, processing time will also depend on the country of origin. It has been seen that application applied for post-study work stream gets granted faster than the graduate work stream. If you wish to get a smooth approval for the Visa then adaptable health insurance is a must.
For the smooth and hassle-free application of the 485, you can also get the assistance of the Migration Agent Perth. If you’re planning your migration to Australia then migration agents can help you in making the entire process quick and easy as they know the intricate details about the immigration process of Australia.
485 Subclass Visa Australia in terms of Family and Entitlements
While applying for 485, you can include family members in the application. The members that you can include are listed below:
- Your partner
- A dependent relative of yours and your partner’s
- Your or your partner’s a dependent child
This visa 485 will allow you and your partner to:
- Study in Australia
- Live and work on a temporary basis in Australia
- Travel in Australia if you’ve a valid visa
And The last Words –
485 Subclass Visa allows the students to live and work in Australia who’ve completed their studies. This Student Visa Australia can be availed with different streams as per student’s requirements such as post-study work stream and graduate work stream. To apply for this visa, you need to qualify some criteria. For more assistance and quick visa process, you can get help from migration agents. So what are you waiting for? The best platform is at your fingertips to cater the best to you.