When you think about driving a vehicle, the first requirement that comes to mind is a driving licence. A driving licence is a document that says that you have the knowledge and expertise, to legally drive a given vehicle type. A driving licence gives you the freedom to drive and therefore the independence of movement on the basis of your choice and need.
How to get a Licence?
To get a driving licence, you are required to pass the following two tests
- Practical road test – This test is conducted on the road and your knowledge of rules and regulation of driving along with your driving competence is tested.
- Theory test – This test is designed to test the applicant’s knowledge related to driving and road rules such as road signs, speed limits, etc. It also includes a section to test your perception of potential hazard situations that may happen while you are driving and your response to them.
Why do you need the Practice Theory Tests?
A theory test consists of two sections. First being a number of multiple choice questions and second being hazard perception. You can easily book the theory test online. You need to pay a fee to book the test and if you fail to clear it on the first attempt, then you will have to pay for repeat test. All this makes the theory test expensive, especially if you fail in the first attempt.
The theory test is replicated in the practice theory tests. It helps you to analyse your command of the driving theory and whether you will be able to pass the driving theory test. It also helps you in practising for the theory test.
How to Prepare for the Theory Test?
You can prepare for the practice theory test and in-turn the actual driving theory test by studying the material related to the theory test. You can use the DVSA’s book for the driving theory test as the study material and sample tests.
The practice theory test itself can be taken online or in its offline version by using a CD or by downloading it on your computer. By frequently taking the test you can understand the weaker areas of your knowledge and prepare, accordingly.
Benefits of Taking the Practice Theory Tests
There are various benefits of taking the practice theory tests such as
- It will save money – By taking the practice theory tests, you can ensure that you are completely prepared to take the actual test and clear it. Thereby saving the money you may have to spend on resits.
- It will let you analyse your knowledge base and preparation level – By taking the practice test and its result you and your instructor can easily analyse your strength and weaknesses and find out the areas you have to focus on.
- Let’s you get familiar and comfortable with the actual test – The practice test mimics the actual theory test so you can familiarise yourself with the look and pattern of the actual test.
A practice test lets you test yourself in a manner similar to actual theory test. It’s an excellent tool to learn about the driving theory test without actually spending as much as you will need to spend on taking retests. It’s a great and efficient way of preparing for the theory test so that you can clear the test on your very first attempt.