Valuable Facts One Should Know About Ketogenic Diet
Are you tired of chubby cheeks and your extra belly fat? Everyone these days are diet conscious and want to look slim and feel good. All of us want to have diet that prevents the growth of excess fat from the body. One should know which diet plan will help them to reduce fat. Different theories resides behind different type of diets all you know about what you want from your body.
This post is going to help you a lot regarding your diet plan. These days in the weight lose market there is a concept of Ketogenic diet. What is Ketogenic Diet? This question strikes in everyone’s mind when they hear about it. The Ketogenic diet consists of low carbohydrate and high fat food and this diet plan seems to help in losing the weight.
Types of Ketogenic Diet
- Standard Ketogenic diet – This diet plan is made up of very low amount of carbohydrates, a medium amount of protein and high amount of fat. Basically if we estimate 75% fats 20 % protein and 5% carbohydrates.
- Cyclic Keto Diet – This diet plan involves cyclical period of high carbs intakes. For example in a period of five keto days there are 2 high carbs days.
- High Protein Keto Diet – The high protein keto diet involves high protein content in the food. The ratio is 60% fat with 35% protein and 5% carbs.
- Targeted Keto Diet – This diet plan enables to add cabs around the workout.
Health Benefits of Ketogenic Diet
- Heart Disease – The Ketogenic diet helps in reducing the body fats and HDL levels from the body. This also reduces the chances of blood sugar and blood pressure. Hence Ketogenic diet is good for a healthy heart.
- Cancer – The diet has also a contribution in treating big diseases like Cancer and slow tumor growth. Malignant brain cancer is treated through keto diet.
- Alzheimer – Ketogenic diet helps reducing the chances of Alzheimer and slows down the growth of the disease.
Foods you can avoid
- Sugar treats – Soda, fruit juices, smoothies, cakes, ice creams, toffee, etc.
- Starches or Grains: Wheat-based edibles such as pasta, rice, cereal, etc.
- Fruity Treat – All fruits, apart from small portions of berries such as raspberries and
- Beans – Kidney beans, peas, chickpeas, lentils, etc.
- Vegies and tubers – Potatoes, carrots and sweet potatoes.
- Low-fat or diet products – These are high carbs and highly processed diet.
- Some sauces or condiments – These usually contain unhealthy fat and sugar.
- Unhealthy fat – Consumption of limited mayonnaise or processed vegetable oils.
- Alcohol – There are high carbs in the alcohol due to which alcohols are not considered as a part of ketosis.
- Sugar-free – The sugar free food contains high amount of sugar alcohols due to which the sugar free food is not considered as a part of Ketosis.
What to Eat?
- Meat – You can consume high fat meats like Red meat, steak, bacon, chicken.
- Sea Food – High fat sea foods such as trout, tuna and mackerel.
- Eggs – You can have pastured or omega-3 whole eggs.
- Cheese – You are suggested to consume unprocessed cheese (cheddar, goat, cream, blue or mozzarella).
To wrap it up, Ketogenic diet is very health beneficial and should be followed by everyone who is health conscious.