Trains Keep You Connected With Exotic Destinations
There are some destinations in India that are popular for both Indians and foreigners. No matter you fall in the category of the former or latter; these spots are going to fill you with zest and spark. There is a destination called Goa that attracts thousands of people every year. You can find fellows of different age groups in this place.
A Preferred Way
A convenient and low-cost way of getting from Mumbai to Goa is definitely by train through the Konkan Railways. Whether you believe it or not, it is much more comfortable as compared to the bus and landscapes are more spectacular. Talking about the duration, in case you take an overnight train, you are going to be there the next morning. The normal travel time is just twelve hours. But make sure that you do the booking early because space fills up quickly. After all, these Mumbai to Goa trains are popular and cherished by maximum travellers.
A few things you should know
- The chief railway station in Mumbai is Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, which is formerly known as Victoria Terminus. It is situated near Fort area of South Mumbai. The code of this station is CST.
- It is important for you to know that the trains to Goa also depart in Mumbai from Lokmanya tilak Terminus, which is situated in Kurla in north eastern suburbs of Mumbai.
- The chief railway station in Goa is Madgaon that is also called Margao. It is situated in South Goa. In case, you are going to the North Goa beaches, then you must try to get a train that halts at Thivim (THVM).
Which are the Best Mumbai Goa Trains?
- Well, the fastest train from Mumbai to Goa is new 22119 Mumbai CST: Karmali Tejas Express. It is a luxury semi-high speed train that completes the journey in just eight to five hours. It started working in May 2017 and runs during day. This train departs Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus at sharp 5 a.m. and reaches the Karmali (after Pernem and Thivim) in North Goa at sharp 1.30 p.m. Karmali is the only train that stops in Goa. This train generally runs five days a week that is: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. However, it gets reduced to three days a week that is Monday, Wednesday and Saturday during the time of monsoon season that is from June to October. This train also runs at a slower speed during the time of monsoon season. Such a thing adds up a few hours travel time to the journey. Talking about special features that include tea and coffee vending machines; bio-vacuum toilets, wireless Internet, LCD TVs, GPS-based information display system,and of course, the automatically opening doors.
- Then you can also take 12051 Jan Shatabdi Express from Dadar Central to Madgaon in South Goa. This train is similarly fast and also runs during day. It is a Shatabdi for people train, so don’t expect normal Shatabdi train bonuses. The train is specifically for the budget passengers. However, what is specifically noteworthy is a fresh and unique luxury Vistadome carriage, along with glass roof.
Mumbai is also reached by Maharaja Express Luxury Train. If you wish to travel by this train, book your Maharaja Express tickets fast!