Tips To Take Care Of Your Hair Properly With The Use Of Sulfate Free Shampoo
Hair care is one of the most essential components of our beauty regime. People use face packs, facials, manicures and pedicures, but it is equally important for us to take care of our hair. Hair follicles are a growing thing, and hence, they need to be taken care of properly and you need to make sure that you are using the right shampoo or not. It is always best to get keep yourself informed whether your hair is suited for a sulfate free shampoo!
Thus, it is always beneficial if you know how to take care of your hair. Each and every individual has their own hair texture and own hair type. Thus everybody’s hair care routine and needs will also be different.
However, there are a few basic rules that we can all follow that will generally help us to take care of your hair:
- The most important thing that you need to do first is find out if you are using a Non sulfate shampoo or not. If you are not, then it is time to shift to one. Sulfates, though good when it comes cleansing your hair, are not exactly beneficial for the health of your hair. They leave your hair dry and frizzy and affect hair growth negatively. However, whether to use a shampoo which is free from sulfates or not will be determined solely by the oil secretion of your hair follicles. Oil is generated from your hair as a natural moisturizing element and if you have extremely oily hair then it is better to use a shampoo with sulfates. However, in general shampoos without sulfate are better.
- Whether you are using a chemical free shampoo or not, you need to know how to apply it properly. Do not run the shampoo along the length of your hair. Remember that you are primarily using the shampoo to cleanse your scalp. So take smallquantities in your hand and directly apply them on your scalp. When you wash your hair, the shampoo from the scalp will trickle down along the length and do the necessary cleaning. This helps in saving a lot of shampoo as well.
- If you are using a SLS free shampoo, then make sure that you wash your hair in lukewarm water. In fact, in general, when you wash your hair, you should always use lukewarm water. This helps in keeping your hair healthy.
- Whenever you shampoo your hair, make sure that you shampoo twice. Apply the shampoo once and then after a few minutes, wash it off. Again after a few minutes, apply the shampoo and wash it off. Make sure that you are very thorough with your wash, so that your hair is clean of the entire shampoo. If need be, take more time to rinse your hair than shampooing it.
- Conditioning your hair after shampooing it is a must. Sulfate free shampoo comes with their own set of conditioners and you should get hold of them. Conditioners help in retaining the natural moisture of your hair, which often gets tampered with after shampooing your hair. Thus, if you are using a shampoo with sulfates, then conditioning is all the more necessary for you.
These are some basic tips that will help you in boosting your general hair health.