The Tips In Getting Good Deals For Buying Appliances
on Tuesday, November 18, 2014 · Leave a Comment
Unlike when you’re shopping clothes, buying a major appliance is not everyone’s notion of a great time. Frequently, these purchases are prompted by life occasions like being newly-married or being newly independent. At other times, it can be brought about by a “limping” appliance, like the fridge that struggles to keep foods cold and fresh.
The reason why people don’t shop as often for appliances is really simple – appliances are expensive. However, there are actually many ways that you can buy them at a discount. In this article, we’re going to outline to you some tips on getting good deals when buying appliances.
* Subscribe to the e-mail Alerts with Retailers
Appliance retailers are always looking forward to selling more items and one way (which is probably the only way) to do this is by offering rebates and discounts. You won’t always have the time to check the websites of retailers, so why not let those retailers give you a shout-out when they’re having events?
* Buy Energy-efficient Appliances
Aside from low energy costs, one benefit of energy-efficient appliances is that you can be eligible for federal tax credits.
* Negotiate or Haggle for Better Prices
There is no rule against asking for a better price. If you do it, you certainly won’t be the first person to do so. A Consumer Reports article on a consumer survey reported that 33% of respondents who purchased major appliances attempted to negotiate. More often than not, retailers are willing to give discounts if you buy in cash.
* Look at Local Businesses
Local independent companies generally do not have the tremendous overhead and thus are able to offer better price than national retailers.
* Look at the Calendar
Appliance sales tend to be more prevalent in October and September, when many appliance manufacturers show new versions of their models. Other times when sales are prevalent are January, May, and the Christmas season. Black Fridays are also another time when you can get an appliance at a very deep discount.
* Buy from Factory Outlets and Closeout Facilities
If you don’t mind buying discounted models of appliances, check out closeout facilities that specialize in appliances. There you can buy items at really deep discounts. Other great places to buy appliances at a discount are factory outlets. When it comes to buying appliances, the last thing anyone wants to do is to buy an appliance at its full retail price, mainly because most major appliances cost thousands of dollars.
If you want to buy an appliance at a cheaper price, follow the tips we outlined above. In addition, go online and do some comparison shopping. Don’t be surprised if you find out that shopping online is much, much cheaper than shopping at a brick-and-mortar store.
There are websites that offer closeout sales at certain times of the year. You will want to be there when these events happen because deep discounts are offered during those times.
- 5 Little Things That Can Make Valentine’s Day Special for Couples
- Larry Polhill – 3 Key Steps Entrepreneurs Need to Take to Improve Cashflow Position
- Brennan & Clark Collection Agency May Be the Answer If Those Unpaid Bills Keep Piling Up
- Tips to Choose the Best Roofing & Solar Company in Bison
- Best Version Media Offers an Environment Where Publishers Can Excel
- Jeff Mohlman Points Out the Benefits Offered by Insurance Brokers
- Arnon Dror ct – 3 Key Steps Entrepreneurs Should Take to Improve Their Account Payable
- Tips for choosing a long term disability lawyer
- Enhance your compensation claim with a personal injury lawyer
- Compelling Reasons to Have 9apps on Your Device