Innovative Ideas for Flight Booking Applications
Booking all kinds of tickets has become so much easier in today’s world, including flight tickets! Customers are always looking for services that are worth their money, and this has seeped into every area of business, including the aviation industry. Travel booking apps are constantly looking for new ways to provide a positive consumer experience and enhance the comfort levels of the customer. This consumer experience also includes a reduction in frustration every time a ticket is being booked.
Applications such as IXIGO provide maximum consumer comfort, along with booking details and popular schedule details such as Mumbai New Delhi flight schedules.
Some business and tech tactics-
- Improving mobile technology– Mobile technology can be integrated with flight schedules and hotel bookings. There is a strong possibility that the consumer has booked a last minute flight, or has to deal with a cancelled flight, especially during vacation periods. Capitalization of such a situation can be done by creating affordable hotel bookings available to the budget conscious traveller. The app can also incorporate the nearest hotel booking for a day or two that will solve the consumer’s problem in a cost-effective way. In this way, bookings can be made on an urgent basis which can help hotels attract more travellers. These apps can be integrated with GPS and customers can use maps to reach their nearest designated hotel.
The app settings can be used to create an environment of a hotel-on demand, and they can be modified after judging the advance bookings of the customer and the customer’s app usage.
- Using the power of predictive analysis– A customer is usually looking for apps which help in reducing his/her overall travelling fare. With varying ticket fares, a customer usually feels uncomfortable with the deal even after booking it. This hesitancy regarding better booking schemes or deals can be reduced with the help of predictive analytics. Flights itineraries and prices, algorithms can be created that can predict the cheapest airfares and notify customers about it. This analysis can provide recommendations and advice to the customers and guide them to getting a deal of their choice.
- Virtual travel agents– The customer care services of most travel booking applications end at providing the airline and hotel bookings required by the customer. Virtual agents can be used to guide the customer by compiling itineraries and creating a personalized itinerary that can be accessed offline. A list of recommendations and feedback from people who have visited that location can be displayed to the customer for a better customer experience.
- Enhancing conversational interfaces– AI based concierge services can attract customers. Robots can be used to provide the required data through automation. Robots can be used to provide the customer with personalized flight, hotel, car reservations, and a list of itineraries. Every customer can have a personal robot for guidance, which is just like a personal concierge.
- Virtual Reality tours– A prompt display of holiday destination using VR can revolutionize advertising in the travel industry. VR can be used to literally paint a picture for the customer for conviction. Customers are more likely to book hotels and flights with a VR tour of the place.