How hyperbaric oxygen treatments in Mississauga help in wound healing?
The therapy of hyperbaric oxygen comprises of making your body exposed to oxygen completely that too at a high pressure than what is experienced normally. One thing that you need to know is that oxygen is required for the proper healing of wounds and when the wounds are exposed to oxygen completely the process of healing speeds up. In case you are looking forward to this then you can check out www.underpressurehbot.ca.
Process of hyperbaric oxygen treatment
There are several ways in which this kind of therapy will be performed. This can be offered in a very special kind of room referred to as hyperbaric oxygen chamber. You will be completely engrossed in getting 100% oxygen at a very high pressure in this chamber. This is also offered through a gas mask that enables the lungs to get 100% oxygen. In this the rest part of the body will be at the normal oxygen levels; however, it will still be in high pressure when compared to normal experience.
What kind of wounds can be treated with hyperbaric oxygen treatments in Mississauga?
There are some kinds of wounds that can be treated with this kind of treatment which are as follows:
- Infections on soft tissues
- Thermal burns
- Injuries related to delayed radiation
- Some skin flaps and grafts
- Wounds related to diabetes
- Crush injuries
In case you are not sure whether you wound can be treated with this therapy or not then make sure that you ask the doctor before getting it especially if you are suffering from wounds related to diabetes.
What exactly happens while hyperbaric oxygen therapy?
There are a few facilities that have big chambers which are able to treat lots of people at the same time. However, normal hospitals have monoplace which is equipment only for one person.
Following are some of the things that happen while taking this therapy:
- You might be asked for removing your clothes and to wear a medical gown which is made of pure cotton.
- The, you will be asked to lie down the table which slides in the monoplace. It is mainly a seven feet long clear tube of plastic.
- After this, you will need to be comfortable and breathe in the normal manner while the entire process. This is when you can hear music or then watch TV.
- It is possible for you to speak to the therapists at any point of time while the treatment is going on.
- The chamber is then sealed and completely filled through pressurized oxygen.
- The oxygen pressure will increase for around 2.5 times when compared to normal condition of air pressure. This is the time when you might experience a bit discomfort and ear popping which is entirely normal.
- It is the session which will last for around thirty minutes to around two hours.
- Once the therapy is done, the chamber will slowly be depressurized by the therapists.