Complete guide to the bohemian style
In the 1960s and the 1970s, the bohemian style started gaining some popularity. Though its roots go way back, this was the time people started noticing as a new trend. The main essence of the bohemian look is clothing made of free and flowy fabrics. As the original bohemians are quite natural, they like their style to also be natural. They prefer natural fabrics and also natural colours. This is also beneficial for the environment.
The bohemian look is quite unique and people love incorporating boho dresses in their wardrobe. This style emphasizes finding the type of clothing which will make you feel at peace and in harmony with nature as well as with yourself. This makes it u=quite easy to figure out the style as there aren’t any hard and fast rules as to what qualifies as being bohemian and what does not.
- Bohemians are known to layer their clothing a lot. You want to create a relaxed gipsy look, so you have to layer your clothes on top of each other. As gipsies travelled from one place to other carrying everything that they owned with themselves, they used to layer their clothes to keep themselves warm. This is what inspired the look in the first place. Jackets, shawls and sweaters are great for layering on top of your other clothing.
- People who love comfortable dresses are going to a fan of the bohemian style as it includes mostly oversized and flowy clothing. Long maxi skirts and maxi dresses are the go-to looks for getting the boho chic look. Anything that is light and comfortable will make the cut.
- Second-hand clothing is another thing that bohemians love. The style is all about vintage looks. With second-hand clothes, you will be able to achieve that boho look as well as care for the environment. You can find a lot of option in flea markets, thrift shops and vintage stores. Sometimes you might even find originals from the 1960s or 1970s which will make for a great addition to your wardrobe.
Hair and make up
- You should leave your hair in loose long waves. If your hair is naturally wavy then your work is already done for you. Otherwise, you can achieve the look with the help of a few styling products.
- Braids are also another favourite hairstyle of the bohemians. You can try different types of braids. If you have long hair then you can also bun your braided hair. Or form a crown with it.
- Simple makeup is all that is needed. Bohemians are not a fan of dark and dramatic makeup. Light makeup which makes you look very natural will give you the total bohemian look.
- You can paint your nails in a nude shade or any other natural hues.
- Jewellery is something that bohemians cannot go without. So match your clothing with some nice necklaces and earrings.
- Scarves, hats and belts will complete your whole bohemian look. Pair them up appropriately with the kind of outfit you are going for and you are all set.