All The Advantages Of Sipping On Your Favourite Cup Of Tea
If you thought aroma and taste are what people should drink tea for then you couldn’t be more wrong. There are other more important benefits of drinking tea. What benefits are we talking about? Check out here-
- The first and most important benefit is that tea contains antioxidants. Yes, not all tea varieties contain them, but varieties like green tea are loaded with antioxidants. Antioxidants can remove free radicals from the body. Free radicals are harmful for humans. Starting from premature ageing to fatal diseases, a lot can happen when there is a build-up of free radicals in the body. Thankfully, antioxidants present in certain tea varieties protect you from them.
- Tea doesn’t have as much amount of caffeine as coffee has. Although a lot of people resort to coffee for staying up late, it’s not a healthy practice. Coffee contains a lot of caffeine which can take a toll on the body over time. In some people, excessive caffeine also causes the adrenal glands to go out of whack. And when your adrenal glands start to act up, your energy levels dip and life becomes miserable. And that is why experts say, tea is a better option. Tea doesn’t just help you feel refreshed but also goes easy on the body.
- A lot of studies have also claimed that regular drinking of tea can reduce the chances of heart attack and stroke. Yes, different studies have dished out different reasons for the same, but all of these studies unanimously point at this particular benefit of drinking tea.
And since heart attacks and strokes have become so common today, you might feel a bit relieved by realising that your morning cup of tea is actually offering you a shield of sorts against these problems.
- There are many tea varieties that help protect your bones. One of such varieties is moringa tea from South Asia. This tea variety is loaded with calcium. People say moringa contains more calcium than milk. And not just calcium, this tea also has a good store of vitamins A and K. With all of these, you can only expect a boost in your bone health.
- Since tea contains large amounts of antioxidants, your immune system receives a great boost. With greater immunity, your body will be able to ward off diseases in a more efficient way. And not just immunity building properties, certain tea varieties also have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory traits.
- A lot of studies have proved that tea also helps prevention of cancer. And this, again, can be attributed to the high antioxidant content in certain types of tea. And not just antioxidants, but tea also has many other compounds that are known to have cancer fighting properties.
- There are many herbal tea varieties in the market that claim to better your digestion. Many, in fact, promise to cure digestive issues. Hence, if you are always down with stomach ailments then you can try out these varieties of tea.
- Tea tastes amazing. And one of the best tasting teas is Ceylon tea. You can also buy ceylon loose leaf tea, if you want to make an economic purchase.
Since there are so many benefits of drinking tea, you shouldn’t really skip your morning dose for any reason.