10 Fun Facts About Teeth
Most of what we hear and read when it comes to our teeth relates to information on how to take good care of them. It also relates to seeing a Surrey Dentist So for a change here are 10 fun facts about your teeth you may not be aware of.
- The enamel on the top of your teeth is the hardest part of your entire body.
- Before we’re even born – milk teeth or baby teeth begin to form when a baby is in the womb, but they erupt from their gums when a child is 6 to 12 months old.
- There’s uses for different types of teeth ( incisors, canine and premolars ) to cut, tear and grind our food.
- We only get 2 sets of teeth in our entire lifetime – baby teeth and permanent teeth. Once you get your permanent teeth that’s it so be sure to take good care of them
- Teeth are as individual as fingerprints, no 2 people have the same set of teeth, so celebrate your unique set of teeth.
- Our mouths produce over 25,000 quarts of saliva in our lifetime, what’s incredible is that’s enough to fill 2 swimming pools. Saliva has many uses including assisting with digestion and protecting teeth from the bacteria present in the mouth.
- On average a person spends 38.5 days brushing their teeth.
- There are many diseases linked to oral health, including heart disease, osteoporosis and diabetes so it’s important to have good oral habits.
- Did you know that only a third of a tooth is above the gums, that means two thirds of a tooth’s length is invisible.
- Should you ever have a tooth knocked out placing it in a cup of milk will help the tooth survive longer. Make sure you get an emergency dental appointment immediately.
Searching for dentist contact Scott 72 Dental.